Skip to main content

Love/ Celebrating nature at Los Angeles Arboretum

  



Tree in Australian Section 


For myself, Love can express it's self with a tiny escape in the city of Los Angeles at the L.A. Arboretum, a large public garden / park area of 127 acres in the San Gabriel Valley. 


Tiny Waterfall in Tropical Garden / La Arboretum



Here I can immerse myself in my love of nature, while exploring the Los Angeles County history at the same time. This beautiful place has 11 different gardens, and numerous tree and plant collections. My desire for “self-care” and a glimpse of beauty has brought me here on a Fall day in 2022. The Los Angeles Arboretum was created in 1947 with California & Los Angeles jointly purchasing 11 acres to create an Arboretum around the land that belonged to “Lucky Baldwin”. 





My time spent in nature is soothing and provides space in my mind in order to think clearly about my life. A long 2 mile walk, and glimpse of the various trees, flowers, and wildlife brings forth calmness and helps me remain centered. Nature reminds me of the perfection of this Universe, and that I can trust the process of my life to unfold in divine time. A day spent in the love of nature & the city in which I was born & raised shows myself the unconditional love & self care that I deserve.


Fountain at front area of Arboretum



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Letting Go of Negative Emotions

Emotions are conscious mental reactions (such as anger or fear) subjectively experienced as strong feelings usually directed toward a specific object and typically accompanied by physiological and behavioral changes in the body.” Adapted from Merriam-Webster 2024 Why is it so important to acknowledge our emotions as visitors & let them go? By working through these emotions and feelings, we are able to recognize, and process them ( let them pass through our system) then let them go. If we ignore or deny our emotions that doesn’t mean that they will simply “go away”. For some of us this can possibly work for a short period of time, especially if we push them so far back into our minds ( the closet of our bodies). Pushing our emotions away can only work for so long, because once that feeling is awakened and activated, it can come back out in full force. Over time, negative emotions that are stuck with us can cause internal illnesses or depression. In order to move th...

Create / Me By the Sea

      There is a woman that lives by the sea     I am that woman & she has become me     The ocean she loved, for so long & so much     She lives now close by, close enough to touch     She visualized and felt it, day after day     Soon the ocean called her, it had found a way     Her house is  a snug one, with a terracotta roof     Her dreams did come true, here was the proof.     Two bedrooms, large bathroom, an office to work     Snug and serene, with all her pets and her perks…     I am that woman that lives besides the sea     I became her, because of her vision of me.      

Create / Recovering My Creativity

Growing up with an addicted & mentally ill parent caused me to hide many needs & desires, and “people-please” in order to feel accepted as survival mechanism. As an adult, hiding those needs and desires caused me to feel blocked, and unsure about myself in many social situations. The things that I saw & experienced shaped my future behaviors, I was always putting the needs & desires of others before my own , and not putting my dreams & goals first. " " In the past six months, during coaching sessions with my peers, the same blocks/issues came up over & again. They consisted of not giving myself permission to create, and shine as my Higher Power wants me to. Another major block came in the form of wanting to try/do new things, then losing interest the moment I pursued the desire. " " Recently wondering why I seem to not be able to break through a “creative block”, a memory has resurfaced. In my childhood home, behind the garage, t...