Skip to main content

Create / Thoughts on creativity


"Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy, pure creative energy"_Julia Cameron 


 I believe that we come here to create, and if we look around, everything is a creation. Today, I am feeling inspired by creative women, and have found a delicious new ( to me) author in a most unexpected way. Her name was Lois Wilson, and she was the wife of the Co-founder of AA, Bill Wilson.

Her memoir, "Lois Remembers" is the literature that is read during my Sunday morning Al-Anon meeting, and I have found myself captivated and inspired. As I listen to their travels & adventures I realize that I too, can enjoy life as they did. A willingness to create, listen and learn, has filled my personal tank with the fuel I need to keep moving onward and forward. Life really is that simple, just for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Letting Go of Negative Emotions

Emotions are conscious mental reactions (such as anger or fear) subjectively experienced as strong feelings usually directed toward a specific object and typically accompanied by physiological and behavioral changes in the body.” Adapted from Merriam-Webster 2024 Why is it so important to acknowledge our emotions as visitors & let them go? By working through these emotions and feelings, we are able to recognize, and process them ( let them pass through our system) then let them go. If we ignore or deny our emotions that doesn’t mean that they will simply “go away”. For some of us this can possibly work for a short period of time, especially if we push them so far back into our minds ( the closet of our bodies). Pushing our emotions away can only work for so long, because once that feeling is awakened and activated, it can come back out in full force. Over time, negative emotions that are stuck with us can cause internal illnesses or depression. In order to move th...

Create / Me By the Sea

      There is a woman that lives by the sea     I am that woman & she has become me     The ocean she loved, for so long & so much     She lives now close by, close enough to touch     She visualized and felt it, day after day     Soon the ocean called her, it had found a way     Her house is  a snug one, with a terracotta roof     Her dreams did come true, here was the proof.     Two bedrooms, large bathroom, an office to work     Snug and serene, with all her pets and her perks…     I am that woman that lives besides the sea     I became her, because of her vision of me.      

Create / Recovering My Creativity

Growing up with an addicted & mentally ill parent caused me to hide many needs & desires, and “people-please” in order to feel accepted as survival mechanism. As an adult, hiding those needs and desires caused me to feel blocked, and unsure about myself in many social situations. The things that I saw & experienced shaped my future behaviors, I was always putting the needs & desires of others before my own , and not putting my dreams & goals first. " " In the past six months, during coaching sessions with my peers, the same blocks/issues came up over & again. They consisted of not giving myself permission to create, and shine as my Higher Power wants me to. Another major block came in the form of wanting to try/do new things, then losing interest the moment I pursued the desire. " " Recently wondering why I seem to not be able to break through a “creative block”, a memory has resurfaced. In my childhood home, behind the garage, t...